Friday, January 15, 2010

WIND + SURF = WET!!!

Under the gray skies, in between rain showers, I went for a walk along the shore, picking up shells for my friend Lisa.  The wind was blowing and the water was churning and crashing.

Most of the shells are cracked and broken.  I did find a few good ones though.
 
The wind came up during my hour long walk, and the skies got darker, so I headed back to camp.
 
I saw the waves were crashing along the sea wall, so I went to snap a few pictures.

I was on the pier, safe from the splashing water.





Or so I thought!
 
This is what I snapped just before I got soaked!

2 comments:

Russell said...

Wow! That is certainly a mighty ocean!

But it still looks warm - even if wet! The weather here in Iowa is much better than it was a week ago. The temps are in the 20s and 30s and that is a lot better than 20 below!

Take care and enjoy the beautiful, WARM (!!) Texas weather!

Lisa said...

OH NO....I feel terrible. I was so enjoying the thought of having some new shells to add to my collection, and the pictures of the waves...thinking how cool that was...and then SMACK...I am so sorry that happened to you (does it count that I do have a little smirk on my face trying NOT to laugh!!!???)