Saturday, December 22, 2007

TRAFFIC: WHY I'LL NEVER LIVE HERE

I have almost recovered from our trip up to Oceanside, north of here, yesterday. The nail biting, temper flaring, blood pressure rising, nerve shattering trip has been over for almost 18 hours now, and I have just about returned to normal. There is no way (sorry Maren) that I could live out here. The weather is delightful, the scenery is also, but the traffic is more than enough to keep me away. Add to this the cost of living and the horrendous amount of people already living here, and I am a dedicated small town mid-westerner. I want to survive and keep my sanity.

And with my sanity intact, I'll be healthier, too. My breakfast this morning, lucerne's green tea and peach yogurt, has only 15 grams of the dreaded high fructose corn syrup as opposed to the 42 grams from yesterday's breakfast.

Which brings me to the songs going through my head this morning: I'll be Home for Christmas and There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays.

Oh , there's no place like home for the holidays,
For no matter how far away you roam,
If you want to be happy in a million ways,
For the holidays you can't beat home sweet home.

My sentiments exactly.



No comments: