Thursday, December 06, 2007

BIRTHDAY DAY

Today is the big birthday day for our family, as my dad and two of my grandsons were born on this day. My dad, who has been living with Jesus since 1982, would have been 93 today. I can't believe it's been 25 years since we've celebrated together, but I would not have taken these past 25 years of celebrating with Jesus from him. I miss him and envy him.

Today is also Caleb's birthday. His is 15. Caleb is the spunky redhead we took to Alaska with us last (2006) summer. He, and his brother Jacob, are the sons of our daughter that came to us as a 13 year old. I was present in the delivery room when Caleb was born, and held him when he was just minutes old. He possesses great determination, much energy, and is intelligent and hard working, qualities I admire greatly. And I love his red hair! Caleb is so much fun to be around, and he has many friends. Happy birthday to a special kid. I love you dearly, Caleb.

Ben also has a birthday today, his 10th. He is also a very special kid and I cannot imagine life without him. He has a real sense of humor, is intelligent and fun loving. I fell in love with Ben the minute I first saw him and that love has only grown. I wish there was some way I could zap him out here to San Diego and take him down to the ocean to run and play, and to investigate all the neat things we'd find there. Have mom show you the videos I posted yesterday Ben, and just imagine what it would be like playing down by the waters edge. Wouldn't that be fun? I love you so much, Ben. Hope you have a happy day.

No comments: