Tuesday, November 27, 2007

BEIGE WORLD

The sand dunes are beige.

My daughter-in-love mentioned in a comment on my post of last night, that she liked the color in those pictures taken in the open restaurant in Mexico. I think the color is the exact reason that I've been drawn to the pottery and stained glass in Mexico. The desert in this area is practically void of any color. Everything is beige. Beige sand, beige mountains, beige lawns, beige houses, beige shopping centers, beige everything.

The gates and corridors of the Historic Yuma Prison are beige. The lack of color alone would have driven me mad.

The little splashes of color are so welcome. And I must say that the skies are mostly blue, thank goodness.
And I must say that the temperatures are no where near the below zero mark like Minnesota is experiencing this morning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the flowers! It's getting real beige here too.