Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A DATE TO THE DATE FARM

Today we went to the date farm with our friends Dick and Bev. First of all, beautiful trees. Second, awesome date milkshakes! And we did a bit of shopping, picking up some dried papaya, pineapple, and crystallized ginger, and of course we bought dates.
This lush full tree is a type of ficus. Sure looks better than the spindly thing I had in my house.
We were sitting outside visiting with Dick, Bev, Joan and Red when I noticed the sky across the street from where we are parked on Red's lot. Then I turned the other direction and found this
row of palms silhouetted against the orange sky. And then I saw the sky to the west....WOW!
It was fire orange, looking like it was on fire. What a wonderful gift a beautiful sunset is! Thank you, God!

No comments: