Saturday, October 04, 2008

BUTT-ACHE!

You know how bikes these days come with little triangular seats? About the size of a four year old's butt? And you know how it hurts to sit on that little triangle? Well, then you know what I'm talking about when I say I have a butt ache. We didn't ride yesterday, just went for a ride in the truck, read a lot, and I went for a walk last night. We're going to ride this afternoon again, and I'm guessing the trail will be crowded as it is a beautiful, cool, crisp Saturday morning.

The trees are beautiful along the street in front of this city park campground.
The flowers by the school corner are also beautiful, not touched by frost yet.
This stately white house stands in front of a beautiful tree where the late afternoon sun was hitting just perfectly for a photo. There are three flags by a statue of a Viet Nam vet in the yard of this home. I'd like to know the story behind that.
It's getting almost too dark for a picture, but those white fluffy plumes were in such stark contrast with the red and gold tree that I had to attempt it.
Right in the middle of the picture you see a big Ford diesel truck and a little Nomad trailer. That's us! There are a lot of trailers and motor homes in this little campground this weekend. Everyone of them has a couple of bikes parked behind the trailer. I think a lot of people had the idea to get out and enjoy one of the last beautiful weekends of the camping season.

Our supper last night was potatoes, carrots, and onions with olive oil and butter, wrapped in foil and cooked on the grill over the fire. NUMMY! And the fire felt good, too, as the sun went behind the hills and the cool night began. It was in the low thirties this morning, but the farmers'
market was going strong before nine o'clock. I love to see the Amish folk with their
horses and buggies and their canned goods, baked goods, quilts and beautiful baskets displayed for folks to purchase. What a wonderful day it looks like it will be! Hope your day is shaping up to be just as wonderful!

3 comments:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Now that is what autumn should look like!

My daughter said the color isn't good at all in her part of New England this year. We aren't getting good color, either. Both of our areas of the country had too much rain in summer and early autumn.

I'll have to get my color fix looking at your pictures. :)

Linda B said...

Beautiful photos! I think the autumn colors are just awesome. I could sit and stare at them and be content. I love love love the fall colors! Keep those pictures coming please! I hope your butt-ache is much better by now!

Lisa said...

Oh that is a beautiful site to see. I love the tress in their differnt colors, and I could feel the crisp air as you described it to me. The warmth of the sun was on my face and at times my back. I felt it as you gave me the gift of being right there with you in spirit. I needed that since my week has been so.....stressful? No, just busy maybe. This week, I hope to slow down just a bit. I can't wait till our leaves start to change, I hope to take a drive and captur their beauty as well.