Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I'M STILL ALIVE!

I had a crummy cold or allergy flare up or something equally yucky for a few days there, but am now mending and back to the world of the living.

Last night hubby and I were invited to meet some friends at the restaurant on the lake where their home is located. These friends were also bringing another couple with them, so there would be six of us. We had a wonderful time, laughing, sharing, chatting away, and making friends out of the new folks we met. After the meal, our host invited us on his pontoon for a ride back to their home. It was a beautiful evening, calm water, no bugs, a bit of a chill on the air. A beautiful almost fall evening.

As we arrived at our friends' home, we turned and looked back at the lake and saw that we were going to have a beautiful sight a bit later. This was our view from the deck of their home.


This was the view that greeted us after apple strudel and ice cream and coffee.

We had a wonderful evening, full of talk and laughter with two old friends, and two new friends! Don't you just love evenings like that?

3 comments:

Michelle said...

You should post that for Skywatch Friday. This is gorgeous. We saw the same moon here in Florida and Anna went out to take pictures. I wonder if they will look as good as yours?

Robbin said...

Oh, I'm glad you are feeling better and thanks for sharing that view. I love the moon and missed it this time! But not really, cause you shared.

Lisa said...

My gosh, your pictures put mine to shame and I just love seeing them over and over again. I don't know that you need a new camera, you need a new scene to shoot, because you already have that one pegged right on. That is absolutely beautiful!!!!