Monday, September 29, 2008

CAMPING TRIP!

Whoohoo! Ernie got a call this morning telling him that he won't be needed this week at his part time job. So we are going camping. We're heading down to the southeastern part of the state, which is a very pretty spot. Lots of rolling hills and trees, and beautiful, simple Amish farms. There are quite a few furniture and craft stores that are so much fun to shop at. And, there is a really neat bike trail to ride my new bike on!

Ernie had gotten a new bike a while back, and I decided I wanted one too. We just hadn't found anything until today. I got a Giant Sedona, which is billed as a comfortable ride. It does have a nice gel seat! But the most important thing for me was that the handle bar is very adjustable. I can raise and lower it, but can also bring it closer to me so I can ride more upright, which I hope won't cause my fibromyalgia to flare up so much. I am really anxious to try it out. We used to ride pretty often, but haven't done so in the last several years.

So wish for us a sunny week, not too hot, not to cold, not too windy, not too humid, not too hilly, and not too busy! Do you think I'm a fair weather rider? Probably, but I don't want hot and humid or too much wind when I ride. My bike is a bright red....I'll hopefully find a wireless hot spot so I can post pictures and blog.

6 comments:

Robbin said...

YAY! I wish all that for you and have fun and be careful on your new bike. AND yes! Take lots of pics, your trips are the closest thing I have to seeing something different! So I'm riding on your skirt tail! LOL.

Russell said...

Good for you! Southeastern Minnesota.... let me think.... Lanesboro perhaps?? The Rochester / Winona area?? All that country is beautiful.

Where ever you end up, have a marvelous time and take lots of pictures!

Marge said...

Robbin, hang on tight! Hope we don't have too much wind because my legs have a problem just hauling me around. If we add in you and the wind it will be nigh unto impossible! But we'll have fun!

Marge said...

Russell, you are right on the first guess! Love the Lanesboro area, and at this time of year the trees should be starting to color a bit. Nippy at night in the valleys so I'm taking the down comforter!

Lisa said...

Oh a new bike....that is just too awesome! I want pictures of YOU on the new bike. Can that be arranged? I have class again tonight, and I need a nap!!!

L'Adelaide said...

how fun .. a bright RED new bike to ride! I do hope you get some pictures of yourself riding it...since you have FM, am curious how you do with that too...how do you stay healthy enough to go and do everything you do???? do tell! inquiring minds want to know, like ME! :)