Thursday, November 16, 2006

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME.......

WPAFB, Dayton, Ohio: No, not back home in Minnesota, but back home in our RV. We picked up the Open Road yesterday afternoon at the Pilgrim International factory in Middlebury, Indiana, and it feels great to be back in it after only two nights in a motel. I love the tempur-pedic pad we put on our mattress! I can't believe how hard and uncomfortable the beds in the motel were, and how stiff and sore my neck and shoulders are after just those two nights. We headed right back south to the air base again, and are sitting here waiting to pick up our mail that we had sent general delivery to a small post office right off the base. It should be here tomorrow, and if it is we are leaving right away for Florida. Our daughter Kari and her family are also heading from Minnesota to Florida tomorrow and we plan to meet up with them for a day or so down there. We are going to the northwestern part of the state, by Tindall AFB, and they are aiming for the Disney area, but we should be able to drop the RV at a campspot and head down to see them. I hope so. I miss my kids and grandkids so much, and seeing one daughter out of the 7 kids, and 6 grandkids out of the 15 will hopefully hold me over until Christmas when we go back home to see them all.

I still haven't found out where my Social Security check is. I'm going to attempt to talk with someone at SS again this afternoon. Wish me luck!

No comments: