Tuesday, August 18, 2009

5 MILES VS 4000 MILES

This is our empty campsite. We packed up and moved out this morning, and are now in town waiting to have lunch with Chris and Amy. It just dawned on me that in the past month we have not been more than five miles away from this campspot. Today we begin the 4000 mile journey home. Weird! Should be able to connect tomorrow in Anchorage, then it may be a long dry spell through Canada before I can connect again, unless we find a campspot with wireless.

4 comments:

Linda B said...

Safe travels!

Jeanne said...

Thank you so much for sharing your journey. I enjoyed your stories and pictures very much. I know it's hard to say goodbye to children - mine are scattered across the country too. Just be so thankful for the memories and start planning the next get together! That's what keeps me going.

Memaw's memories said...

Happy trails to you my friend.

Lisa said...

A 4,000 mile trip? That is a LOT of miles. I wish we were neighbors and when you got home, we sat out on the porch talking all about your journey! I have missed you.