Tuesday, February 05, 2008

WHAT ARE THESE PARENTS THINKING?

I don't think they are thinking. I found this statistic in a magazine at the laundry this afternoon where I was (I hope, I hope, I hope) doing the last loads I will have to do in public machines. Our washer and dryer should be installed soon. But back to the statistic. Listen to this: 84% of fifth through eighth grade kids said their parents let them watch R-rated movies! (Source: Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH)

Whaaaaat? You have got to be kidding. These kids aren't seeing enough just walking through the halls at school, shopping at the local mall, or even sometimes in their own homes, so you have to let them watch the Hollywood version of filth? I am shaking my head in disbelief.

1 comment:

The Park Wife said...

These parents are NOT thinking and we wonder why our world is focused on worldliness and looking to movie stars as idols.

Thanks for visiting my site! I will keep coming back to yours.
The Park Wife