Friday, February 29, 2008

INTERESTING FACTS ON EARLY EASTER DATE

As you may know, Easter is always the 1st Sunday after the 1st full moon following the Spring Equinox (March 20, this year).

The dating of Easter is based on the lunar calendar that Hebrew people used to identify Passover, which is why it moves around on our Roman calendar.

This year is the earliest Easter any of us will ever see the rest of our lives! And only the most elderly of our population (95 or older) have ever seen it this early.

The last time it was this early was 1913. The next time Easter will be this early (March 23) will be the year 2228 (220 years from now).

However, Easter can actually be one day earlier (March 22) but that is very rare. The last time it was on March 22 was 1818. The next time it will be on March 22, will be in the year 2285 (277 years from now).

4 comments:

Elizabeth Parsons said...

I read that you are from Mankato MN (from the Park Wife blog and buckaroo geography lessons) and I had to write to tell you- my 7 year old granddaughter has the flu...so Grandma (that would be me) drove up to stay with her so mom could go to work today - and we had a movie marathon day of Little House on the Prairie. My granddaughter LOVES the series. I get the DVD's at our library. We watched Laura Ingalls alllll day today and we loved every minute of it! eBeth

Marge said...

Elizabeth, thanks for commenting on my site. I checked your site, and your art is beautiful! Aren't the Little House movies and books wonderful? You don't have to preview them before showing them to little ones. Hope your granddaughter is feeling better! If not, you'd best have some more movies ready. ~marge~

krishna kashyap av said...

Great information..
Very intersting facts.
Thanks for the post.
Work from home India

Anonymous said...

I am the sort of guy who loves to taste unprecedented things. Presently I'm making my personal pv panels. I am making it all alone without the aid of my men. I'm using the net as the only way to acheive that. I saw a truly brilliant website which explains how to contruct pv panels and wind generators. The website explains all the steps involved in solar panel construction.

I am not sure about how correct the information given there is. If some people over here who have experience with these things can have a look and give your feedback in the page it will be great and I would extremely treasure it, cause I really lav [URL=http://solar-panel-construction.com]solar panel construction[/URL].

Thanks for reading this. You guys rock.