Monday, December 26, 2011

THOUGHTS WHILE HANGING OUT SHEETS

This morning I hung out the freshly washed sheets.  In my pajamas, no less!  And I was thinking how beautifully white they are.  That reminded me of Bible verses:  Isaiah 1:18: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; and Psalm 51:7:  Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.  We have no snow, but the white sheets are as white as snow.  Yesterday was Christmas, the birthday of our Savior, who shed his blood that covered our sins to make us whiter than snow.  My thoughts went round and round, in color.  Black sin.  Red blood.  Pure and clean, white as snow.  Thank you Father for sending your Son those 2000 years ago, and for giving us eternal life, if we only believe.

 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
A couple of days ago I posted a photo of my siblings and me from 1953.   Then I received an email from sister Ruth, with another photo, same parsonage, same wallpaper, same kids, different pajamas!  This one is from 1954.  On this one, sister Ruth has her walking doll, and Paul is clutching a gift, and Lois is excited about her dolly, but sister Betsy and I seem to be gift-less!  However, we have wonderful matching polka-dot pajamas. 

We are getting together for our sibling Christmas party on Saturday afternoon.  We do a planned pot luck meal, and spend the afternoon visiting and remembering Christmas Seasons from our past.  What fun!  We have a donation basket, and everyone has a chance to drop in a gift.  At the end of the day, the host or hostess, this year sister Lois, announces their choice of a charity to bless with the donation.  Much better than exchanging gifts that are soon broken, forgotten, or discarded.  I love this tradition we have.  And I love my siblings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the charity idea!