Saturday, December 17, 2011

F Y I

Just an F Y I.  Don't bother to bake gluten free casein free spritz.  I could not get the dough to let go or break off out of the spritz maker, no matter what I tried.  And I've been baking spritz for 47 years so it's not like I don't know how to make them.  I ended up putting the bar shape in the cookie press and just making them into two inch bars.  I'll drizzle with chocolate or something.  They actually don't taste bad, just wouldn't come out of the press.  Must be the flax which becomes kind of gelatin like when you mix it into the water.  Live and learn.

1 comment:

Denise said...

I was just flipping through your blog because I like looking at your pictures so much, and I found this post. I was going to try making GF spritz but never got to it. Now I'm glad that I didn't! Thanks for the tip!