Thursday, December 31, 2009

WE ARE IN CORPUS CHRISTI

We set off in the fog again this morning.  In fact, it was foggy almost the whole way from Waco to Corpus Christi.  Very foggy.  I'm glad I wasn't driving.

Wouldn't you love to be playing dolls under these trees while sitting on a pieced quilt that your grandmother had mad?.  Or maybe just laying on your stomach, feet in the air, nose glued to a Little House on the Prairie book?  Or maybe having a little picnic of soda crackers and orange Watkins drink?  I thought this looked like the perfect place to spend a long warm summer afternoon.
 
And it did get warm today.  The truck said 73, but I think it was warmer by the time we arrived at out site.

This is the main street coming into the Navy Base here in Corpus Christi where we are staying.  Yup, those are palm trees and blue sky and green grass. 
 
Ernie was signing up for the campsite and I took a picture looking off towards North Padre Island.......the bridge takes you there. 
 
And I plan to get to know these guys better.  There are a lot of birds around here.  I know I will be able to see them from our campsite.  I may just sit and watch birds all day! 
 
All I can say is: Having a good time, wish you were here!

3 comments:

Russell said...

Wow! I am so happy you are in a warm place!

It is 0 to -5 this morning here in central Iowa. And the forecast is for temps to go all the way down to 25 below (!!) in northwest Iowa this weekend.

I thought about you and your husband when I saw the Sun Bowl on TV. That is played in El Paso and it looked warm!

Enjoy the beautiful weather!!

Kari said...

I wish we were there, too! Have fun and keep posting pictures! ~Kari

Lisa said...

Yes, I wish I was there too. We are suppose to get more snow this weekend in Tulsa and no temps above freezing for the next week to 10 days.