Tuesday, December 15, 2009

GET READY, GET SET, GO!

I don't know if it is because I complained here on this site so the whole world could read it or what, but hubby bought me a new laptop!  So far so good.  I just got it this afternoon, so I certainly  haven't explored the whole thing yet.  But I think I like it.  I think I like it a lot!  I still will use the little netbook when traveling, but the keyboard is having issues and I can't count on it working right from one day to the next.  I got an HP, just a basic laptop, for pictures and email and internet.  I don't plan on installing a bunch of things on it, so I didn't need a big expensive one.  

I realized that I hadn't updated you on Gail's hospitalization.  She was released last Thursday, after the blizzard was gone and roads were plowed, thank goodness!  She seems to be doing okay so far.  When she has one of these attacks they take her off all food and drink and give her only IV's for three or four days, then slowly introduce food again.  She is eating just fine now, so I hope it continues.  Thank you to those who prayed for her.

There are no cookies baked, no cards sent, and few other preparations completed.  Do you think I should get busy?  I have two sewing projects to finish and I am just not in the mood but I am going to have to do something shortly as time is running out.  I have my physical tomorrow morning, I promised my sister a ride tomorrow afternoon, and church tomorrow night.  Thursday is a Christmas party at the college where we used to work, Friday I said I'd give my daughter a ride to a doctor's appointment.  So, the project and cooking and baking that has to be done before a Christmas party on Saturday is in jeopardy unless I start tonight!  Okay.  Get ready, get set, go! 

No comments: