Saturday, February 11, 2012

DAY TEN: WINDY

I headed to the beach by myself this afternoon, and I really did have the whole beach to myself.  It was extremely windy, and probably a bit cool for many, but I loved it!
I met one young man on his way back to the parking lot, and a couple came down for maybe ten minutes and then left.  I was alone.
I should have taken video as the waves were making quite a lot of noise as they crashed into the shore.
The sand was blowing just like the snow does back home, but it was much warmer!
Warmer until tomorrow morning.  An Arctic blast is coming and they are talking temps in the 20's for parts of this area.  Might as well go home!  Which we will do on Monday.  We will head north on Monday, probably taking it pretty slow, maybe taking four or so days.

2 comments:

DynamicDuo said...

I love your last picture! Wind chill tonite here at home is -10 warmth coming for your return ;0)

Denise said...

I love the wind on the beach, as long as it's not so windy that the blowing sand hurts!

Beautiful pictures!