Saturday, February 04, 2012

DAY 3: WE ARE THERE!

We arrived at our destination around 1 pm.  See the temperature that is registering on the car thermometer?  So when it's 77, the sun is shining, and you are snowbirds in Florida, what do you do?
Well, you head to the beach, of course.  That is after trading in  your Smartwool socks, heavy shoes, jeans, and sweaters for white T shirts, khaki pants, and sandals.

Are you ready?  Here we go!
Start following the boardwalk to the beach.  You can't get lost.  It's the only way to get there.
Keep going, past the little tower, and around the curve.
Around the curve and up the little rise.
Keep going!  The end is in sight!
 Here we are.  Now we only have to cross the white sand.
 And there it is.  The Gulf of Mexico.  I love big water.  I need big water.  I want to move to be close to big water.  It is my very life.  And it doesn't hurt that this big water is surrounded by beautiful white sandy beaches and 77 degree temps.
I walked as far as you can see.
Until hubby said it was time to head back.
Goody-bye big water.  I'll see you tomorrow.
And every single day that I'm down here.
It was a good day.  We arrived safely, found our lodging for the next couple of weeks, and walked the beach.  It was a very good day.

6 comments:

Norskeneil said...

Glad you made it safely. Enjoy the surf and the sun!

L'Adelaide said...

YAY! Yes, move...much more civilized place to live. ;)

course, i'm a native californian so what do i know....

xoxoxox glad you got there safely! i think you passed a wheat field down below. xx

Denise said...

Beautiful! I can almost feel the warm sand between my toes!

Carole & Glenn said...

I sure do envy you-wish we were there soaking up the sun and warm temps.

AKBrady said...

Oohhh, yeah.

Claudia said...

Looks so much like the gulf looked when we were in Orange Beach, Alabama last March.

Great memories!