Am I allowed two aarrrrggghhh days in a row? Well, I had one. I had just put six butternut squash in the oven, halved and divided between two baking sheets on two different shelves, when I blew up my oven. It was quite the pyrotechnic display, white flashing lights, sparks of white, yellow, orange and red, and then the smoke. Oh, boy, the smoke! I quickly turned off the oven and turned on the fan to disperse the smoke, then waited about five minutes before I dared open the oven. Yup. I fried the element. Totally.
Thing is, I hated this stove. Or should I say I didn't very much like this stove. It was here when we moved in, it worked, kind of, so that was it. It was our stove. The broiler element never did work, the oven, supposedly a self cleaning oven, was not clean, nor would it come clean, the temperature wasn't accurate, and I just plain didn't like the whole stove. Hubby says I jinxed it by saying I didn't like it, so it showed me! Well, it sure did show me. Right in the middle of baking squash to freeze for squash soup.
I do believe I will be stove shopping in the morning. Early. Soon as the stores open. I need an oven!