Thursday, October 20, 2011

ENDS AND BEGINNINGS

It is most definitely the end of one season and the beginning of another season.  Some of the flowers in our back yard are a bit droopy after the 30 degree temperatures this morning.  The sun was shining brightly, but the air was nippy.........and I am one of those weird people who love it!

 These red beauties are still looking pretty chipper in the muted morning sun, but it won't be long and they will be finished cheering me up each time I step out my kitchen door.

Two weeks ago, during the hot, dry windy days, I thought this planter was done for, but it too is hanging in there.
However, these petunias that were so lush just a couple of weeks ago, are now on their last leg.
And the hanging plants are saying it's time to give up on them, too.

This is the reason......ice on the bird bath this morning.  Time to plug in the heated bath tub..........
......and bake some more bread, like I did yesterday.  Have I told you how much we enjoy this GF bread?  I have started baking two loaves at a time so I don't have to bake every single day.

No comments: