Saturday, October 29, 2011

AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!

Despite the lovely beginning to the day.......
and despite the fact that I had a cute new bag to carry........
it was an "aaarrrrgggghhhh" kind of day.
This is the fourth time this baby quilt has been hanging on my clothes line.  The directions for the new quilt marking pencil said "erase marks or wash in warm water."  Nope. Don't do it!   Do not wash.  The marks did not come off.  I noticed them right away when I took the quilt out of the washer, so I did not dry it in the dryer, but hung it on the line.  When it dried I erased the marks then rewashed it.   Hung it again.  Nope.  Not out yet.  So I used some mild detergent and rubbed the marks and rewashed.  Hung it again.  Nope.  Not out yet.  So I got serious and used Shout and a toothbrush.  Rewashed it.  Hung it again.  Nope.  Not completely out, although it is better.  I hung it out again and decided this was it.  I may just remake it.  Not a happy person today!

Though I did make some awesome gluten free pumpkin bars and a delicious gluten free pizza for supper.

3 comments:

DynamicDuo said...

I've used hairspray to take ink out of cotton clothes... might be worth a try

Debbie said...

I love the new bag and the quilt is beautiful!

I can't see the marks from here :)

(It was sewn with love...heck with the marks) ♥♥♥

Lisa said...

I agree with Debbie, heck with the pencil marks, that blanket is BEAUTIFUL....You are just so talented!