Sunday, December 26, 2010

THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS

I drove over to our college campus this afternoon and thought I should share some of the beautiful winter scenery with you.  This is the main entrance to Old Main.
This entrance goes into Old Main by the dining center and up to the main lobby.

Off to the right is the library and next to that is the chapel.  There are plenty of piles of snow on campus this winter!  Below is the Fine Arts Center, a group of beautiful snow covered pines with a caroling scene in front of it, and the three flags we fly on campus, the Norwegian flag, the American flag, and the Minnesota flag.
Some more pretty snow covered trees.
I love this loan (excuse me!  Lone tree!  My mind isn't working today.) tree.  I think it's kind of funky looking!
And the scene down my street.  And guess what?  We're scheduled to get the biggest storm of the winter so far on Thursday.  Could be an interesting New Year's Eve and New Year's Day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful pictures Marge!! at least it looks Christmasy there. Our weather here is very freaky, almost like southern california.

Lena . . . said...

Gorgeous pictures. Do you ever get lonesome for life back on campus? I do - not necessarily the work, but I do miss working with the kids.

Jeanne said...

Love your beautiful snow pictures. Just wondering - do you ever Not have a White Christmas there?
Happy New Year!
Jeanne

Lisa said...

well SURPRISE....I am here for just a moment and had to come visit. I will run through the pics quickly and hope to email you later this week. I want to thank you for being such a good friend and please know I have not forgotten you. Thanks for your support even so far away! You have a very special place in my heart!

Debbie said...

These are beautiful Marge! I actually got to take some snow photos down here in NC LOL

Stay safe and warm :)