Wednesday, February 21, 2007

LENT - Path of Blessing

I received this from a friend last fall, and have read and reread it, attempting to make the fasts and feasts my own. It obviously is a path for life, not just for lent. I would like to share it with you. I do not know where it is from, or who the author is, but it was given to me by my friend Nina.

LENT - Path of Blessing

Fast from pessimism; feast on optimism.
Fast from criticism; feast on praise.
Fast from self-pity; feast on joy.
Fast from bitterness; feast on forgiveness.
Fast from idle gossip; feast on purposeful silence.
Fast from jealousy; feast on love.
Fast from discouragement; feast on hope.
Fast from complaining; feast on appreciation.
Fast from selfishness; feast on service.
Fast from fear; feast on faith.
Fast from anger; feast on patience.
Fast from self-concern; feast on compassion for others.
Fast from discontent; feast on gratitude.

No comments: