Monday, September 24, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!

Yesterday was my mother's 85th birthday. My four siblings and I had a party for her at our church social hall after services yesterday. This picture is of my mom and my youngest sister. Isn't mom beautiful at age 85! What a wonderful day we had, full of family and memories and love. My siblings and spouses were all there, and quite a few of the grandkids, and 14 great grandkids! We gave mom a memory book filled with pages from each one of us, and I think she was thrilled with the gift. I imagine when she got home she read the loving tributes and looked at all of the pictures that were included, and I'm guessing she will reread and review the book over and over in the days to come.

This is her cake with the names she is known by. To this list we could add the title of faithful pastor's wife to our dad who has been living in Heaven with Jesus for 25 years now. She is also a loving mother-in-law, a wonderful friend to scores of people, and the finest example of a Christian that I know.
Mom, we love you and honor you. Hope your day was wonderful in every way.

No comments: