Tuesday, April 17, 2007

MASSACRE

My sister's email this morning started off "I am grieving with the nation today." I'm guessing that's what everyone is feeling today. I feel kind of numb, horrified at the pictures and vivid descriptions, yet mesmerized by the stories of heroism and bravery. Maybe my having worked at a college for 18 years brings me a bit closer to the whole event. I never could have imagined something like this happening at my college; yet I'm sure the majority of the students and employees at Virginia Tech felt that nothing like that could happen at their college either. It's sad, it's shocking, and it's unbelievable, yet it's a fact. It happened. Join me in praying for the families and friends of the victims, for those injured, and for the whole college community. They have very difficult days ahead of them. One news broadcaster this morning described just how horrible it will be for the students that lived through the massacre. He said that no one, except those in WWII, those in Vietnam, or those in Baghdad, has ever witnessed killings of such proportions. I pray that those students know where to go for their help....."I will lift up my eyes unto the hills from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord who made heaven and earth." They will find lasting comfort in no place but His arms.

No comments: