Friday, November 05, 2010

BOOKS ARE MY FRIENDS

Okay, so it's been almost a week since I posted.  Well, that's a lot better than some of my bloggy friends who have been silent for weeks, or in one case months, since September!  Not naming names, Lisa, but you know who you are.

But, I have been busy.  Remember I was doing a  whole reorganization thing, and had piles?  Well, it's been a long dragged out process, but we're getting there.  A bookcase has moved from one room to another and has gotten a cute blue skirt with white polka dots to hide its contents.  The dresser has been painted white and was relocated to the sewing room.  The trunk now lives at the end of the bed in the bedroom, and the coffee table that was in the sewing room now is a deep cranberry red, and is residing in front of the sofa in the living room.  I still have piles, though.  Today I hope to return the contents of the drawers to the dresser, empty the big blue tub of stuff and find a spot for all of that, and finish up the bookcase that still holds books.  No, I couldn't get rid of all of my books, but I've done a huge cleansing.  I have boxes and bags of books to give to the thrift shop or library.  It's sad.  Really sad.  Books are my friends.  However.........................

I think Ernie felt sorry for me, losing so many friends and all, and he took me shopping!

 He bought me a Nook!  And he told me I can't take all those pounds of books along in the trailer anymore.  I am allowed this little device instead, but once I go shopping and load it up with purchased and borrowed books, I can have a library of 1,500 books to travel with.  My friends can travel with me.  So now I am learning my way around the Nook, and even took it with me to Barnes and Noble yesterday to wave it in front of the coffee shop barista to receive my free smoothie.  Thanks B&N!

And I have no idea what the camera setting was on that photo.  It's horribly blurry.  Sorry.

3 comments:

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

I love it when the guys take us shopping!!

Debbie said...

I will have to google "Nook". I have no idea. Kind of like a Kindle? Glad you are cleansing and making headway on the piles. I have some and they keep calling me, but I have them on vibrate LOL

Have a great weekend :)

Robbin said...

Oh, Lucky You, I'd like to have one of those. I've not been able to read as I once did, I keep hoping I'll be able to again soon.