Saturday, October 17, 2009

OUT OF MANY, ONE FAMILY


I recently read an excellent book. It is Bart and Claudia Fletcher's book, Out of Many, One Family: How Two Adults Claimed Twelve Children through Adoption. Claudia is my daughter Kari's friend, and I call her my friend, too, as there is always a connection between adoptive families, especially those who have adopted from the foster care system. Bart and Claudia have adopted 12 children, 10 boys and two girls, and this is the story of how they found each child and made them their family. At the end of each chapter Claudia tells what they learned from that adoption. I think it would be a very helpful book for anyone just starting on their adoption journey, and a must read for those adopting from the foster care system.  If you are interested, you may contact Claudia here.


No comments: