Saturday, October 17, 2009

CAMPING TRIP PART 3

What is this?  Again?  Yup.  It's the second snow of our camping trip, the first being at Glacial Lakes S.P.  This time we are at Sibley S.P., which is the park where my brother is the park manager.  They have some new camping cabins, so part of the group made use of them while Ernie and I, and my sister Ruth and her husband stayed in our campers.  Then during the meal times we made use of the shelter house and the fireplace! 


Not exactly what we wanted for our campout, but it sure was pretty!

Another Dutch Oven meal, this one was a mountain man breakfast, featuring anything you want to put in it and adding eggs and cheese.  This one had potatoes, onions, carrots, sausage, bacon, and no fat or cholesterol!

The last morning we went on a short hike through a lovely stand of maples. 


I love all the vertical lines in this scene.

And finally, a stop at another state park, Monson.  I'd never been to this park before, and found a delightful little park nestled in the woods along a small lake.  We will be back!

I don't know the name of this fungus growth, but I like the way it looks like petals on a flower.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, you were not far from my house when you were at Monson! I haven't camped there, but caught a nice 4lb large mouth bass on the lake once.

Lisa said...

Ok, I was really reallly behind so I had to catch up reading all your postings. The pictures are just breath taking. You think the colors are not as brilliant as usuall? I thought they were spectacular. We are hoping to go on a trip next week just to see the fall foliage. Hope ours is half as pretty as yours! Loved seeing all your pictures.