Wednesday, August 01, 2007

PEGGY'S COVE






We stopped at the world famous Peggy's Cove on three different days, and found the conditions there different each time. The first time was at sunset, and it turned out to be the only time it was worthwhile to take pictures of the lighthouse. The other two times it was so foggy that you couldn't see the ocean, and only could glimpse the lighthouse in shadow form. However, the third time we stopped was Sunday afternoon when it was quite foggy, but as we drove up the sun came out and I was able to take some pictures of the quaint town of 40 inhabitants. Forty inhabitants and 500 tourists. Sad. I wouldn't want all those people climbing on the rocks in my yard or parking in my driveway, or trampling the flowers in my flower beds. Fortunately it seems that the residents go about their business and leave the few little shops and restaurants to deal with the tourists. It was an absolutely beautiful little village where I would have liked to have spent more time, only without all the tourists!

No comments: