Tuesday, August 07, 2007

ACADIA NATIONAL PARK

These pictures were taken in Acadia National Park, on the Loop road on Mt. Desert Island, and on Cadillac Mountain.

We climbed around on the rocks for quite awhile, trying to find the best angle to take that prize winning photo. The batteries in both of our cameras died.......only I had a spare set along with me!
The views were absolutely awesome. I could have spent many more hours on top of Cadillac Mountain shooting pictures. This is the highest spot on the Atlantic seaboard, and it is the first location in our country to receive the first light of dawn. Wouldn't it be fun to be atop this spot when the sun comes up?

There are a large number of islands along the coastline, adding to the beauty of the area.

The only bad part of the day was the crowds. Why, when I want to be alone and commune with nature, does half the population of the state decide to do the same? And then they got in the way of my photos, too!

No comments: