Friday, June 01, 2007

ANNIVERSARIES

It was one year ago today that I celebrated my first day of retirement from the job that I loved and had been doing for 18 years. I still miss my friends from the college, and I really miss the great kids that I got to know so well, but my first year of retirement has been awesome! We've done so much and seen so much of our wonderful country in the past year. We've gone places that we had only talked about or dreamed about for a long time. We thank God that He has kept us healthy, safe, and happy during our travels and we now ask for His continuing protection as we take off again next Tuesday.

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of selling our house and moving into our 34 foot RV. It has gone by very quickly, and I can say that I haven't missed having to clean and take care of a large house, but I miss having the room, and I miss my stuff! However, it is surprising how many of our possessions we really don't need. We've not suffered a bit by not having all the extra things around us. In fact, I think we're happier not having to deal with it all. Even though I love my stuff, it's still just stuff.

And today is the 40th anniversary of the release of The Sgt. Pepper Beatles album. Now that makes me feel old! Having a grand daughter turn 21 didn't make me feel old, but the 40th anniversary of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band really ages me.

No comments: