Sunday, August 19, 2012

TECHNOLOGY BAG

I wanted a new bag for my gadgets.  I like everything together, in one bag, all in one place.  Organized.  So I dug in my closet stash of fabric, and low and behold, I found a piece of double sided quilted fabric that I had purchased about 10 years ago on a clearance sale at JoAnn's.  I knew I'd have a use for it one day.  So I started out by making a huge bag.
The fabric is bright purple, red and orange, with the orange flower design on the inside.  I made it extra big with strong long over the shoulders straps.
I filled the inside with pockets, book sized and magazine/ notebook sized pockets.
Then I made five zippered bags for my stuff.
The biggest multi-print bag in back is for my 17 inch laptop.  The orange on on the left is for the Nook and charger, the orange one on the right for the old camera and battery charger, and the smallest orange one for the phone chargers.  The long narrow multi-print bag in front is to carry my Wusthof chef and paring knives.  I know, they aren't technology, but I need them along because we are cooking all of our meals along the way, and I can't do much without them!
Everything fits inside with plenty of room left over for books and magazines and whatever else I need to keep corralled. 

I know.  It's really cute, isn't it.

2 comments:

ZetaBlue said...

Boy, I wish you lived closer so you could teach me to sew! That's the coolest thing ever. Love the bright colors too.

AKBrady said...

That's AWESOME. I have so many cords and chargers and gadgets and notebooks and, and.....that would make my life way easier on the road. Well done.