Monday, November 21, 2011

FEED THE BIRDS

Feed the birds, tuppence a bag,
Tuppence, tuppence, tuppence a bag.
Feed the birds, that's what she cries,
While overhead her birds fill the skies.

Does anyone remember this scene from Mary Poppins?  Mary is in the bedroom holding the snow globe with the cathedral and all the birds inside, singing Feed the Birds to the children.  It's a very sweet song, and I once read it was Walt Disney's favorite.

This woodpecker feels safe enough during the first snow on Saturday to munch on the suet hanging right outside our kitchen window.
All of a sudden we are overrun by sparrows!  But they are cute.

Some were in the heated water this morning, but flew quickly when I appeared at the window with the camera.  I guess they were embarrassed to be photographed while bathing!
And it's not just birds that need to eat.  Chris and Amy made a dish like this when they were here, almost two weeks ago now.  They used onions, garlic, sweet potatoes, and kale and we served it with a pork loin fixed on the grill.  I added some sausage when I made another pan full this past week.  Good eating!

4 comments:

DynamicDuo said...

mmmm.... I loved Mary Poppins, I still sing many of the songs from that movie. My girls think I'm alittle nuts anyway so I may as well have fun doing it!

Supercalifragilisticexpealadocious, even though the sound of it
is something quite atrocious
if you say it loud enough
you'll always sound precocious
supercalifragilisticexpealadocious!
;0)!

Marge said...

Um-diddle-diddle-um-diddleye
Um-diddle-diddle-um-diddleye!

DynamicDuo said...

I've been singing all day long!

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Looks yummy, I just made a dish with kale last week.