Tuesday, March 29, 2011

DECISION MADE

Ernie made his decision this morning.  We were listening to the weather report for the coming week and as we heard the numbers, he said maybe we should just leave.  Our rent time isn't up until next week Wednesday or Thursday, but sitting in a small metal trailer when the temperatures hit a stifling 95 degrees is not my idea of fun, I don't care if it's a dry heat!  So, we'll pack up and head north.  And I am ready.  I realize that it's not very warm in Minnesota yet, there is still snow, ice, and the temperature reads nothing even close to the 90's!  But I am ready to go home.  Two months is too long to be gone.

So today Ernie and his brother are getting in one last round of golf.  My SIL and I will go to lunch at the Olive Mill  and maybe do a little shopping.  Tomorrow we have reservations at the Arizona Opery which is a dinner theater and where I can request my meal gluten free!  Yay!   Then Thursday we'll break up camp and get the truck packed with the things that may freeze if left in the trailer as we head north, you know, the laundry soap, shampoo, lotions, canned goods, olive oil, chicken broth, etc.  That all goes in a laundry basket in the back seat, and if the temps are going below freezing at night, we bring it into the motel room with us.  We should be able to stay in the trailer the first night, and possible the second night, but then we need to be aware of the temps and will probably get a motel the last night or two.

So, Minnesota here we come!  Right back where we started from!  I can't wait!

4 comments:

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Safe travels!

Chris said...

Crank up the Willie Nelson and aim for the snow!

Lena . . . said...

Yup - you're right - still snow on the ground and cold temps up here. Maybe that will change by the time you get home.

Drive safe!!

Paxie said...

Already? Wow. Time does fly...

Praying for a safe trip home and enjoy the last few days!!