Monday, July 05, 2010

HOME IS WHERE THE LAUNDRY IS

We are home.  Oh, we're going back to the park, we're just home for a week to get the air conditioner on the trailer fixed.  Saturday afternoon when the temperature hit 94, with the humidity almost as high, we were told we should just leave then to get the air conditioner fixed.  We were going to come home today anyhow, so we just pulled out a little early.  Ernie has been on the computer, researching replacement parts for the ailing cooling device which he hopes to have fixed before we head back up to the park next Monday.

And I am sitting in my chair, reading blogs and totally ignoring Mt. Washmore piled in the corner!  What a luxury to have a washer and dryer in my own home!  I've spent the last month having to transport each week's worth of dirty clothes to a laundromat where each load cost me a half a month's Social Security check to wash.  Today I can cook as I do laundry, I can clean the house as I do laundry, or I can actually leave as I'm doing laundry!  And my clothes will actually get clean, and the hot commercial dryer won't ruin them!  Or, I can sit here and continue to ignore the mountain of sweaty stinky clothes......no, on second thought, that's not an option.  Best I put this laptop down and start scaling the heights of that eyesore in front of the laundry closet.  I am home, but so is my laundry.

3 comments:

L'Adelaide said...

hi marge, i am finally over to say hello and glad you brought your mountain of stink home with you...sounds almost lovely ;)

i hear it is very hot in your part of the world, about like here everyday but for the humidity, blessings abound! i will peruse your blog and add you to my list, if you don't mind...make you a bit more public if that's ok...how is dear robin? come over and leave me a few words or her blog address, i would like to check in with her...glad you are safely home.

L'Adelaide said...

oh, there she is over on your blog list so now i am off to see her ;) happy laundering!xx

Lisa said...

I bet it feels good to be home, have you got that laundry done yet? Our company just left and I am so tired, don't think I have ever been this tired. We ran and ran and ran the whole time they were here. The best time I have had in a long time. Miss you guys, sure you don't want to come down to OKLA? How about meeting in NB in a couple months?