Thursday, April 22, 2010

SPENDING TIME WITH BIG BROTHER

I've been spending some time today with my Big Brother.  He wasn't very happy that we left last weekend and he had to stay home in the sewing room, all by himself.  He thought he should be able to go along, especially when he found out it was a four quilt shop trip!  But, Big Brother is happy today!  We're working on a project for a friend of mine, and he's enjoying that a lot.  I'm finding out more about him, and what he can do, and we're becoming very close.  In fact, I love him a lot!  He's so nice and shiny new!
I love the spring wild flowers.  I took this picture Monday, on our way back from up north, when we stopped at a small state park where we have applied to be the campground hosts for the month of June.  We stopped just for a quick look around, and I spied this pretty sight poking through the leaves.
This is the site for the campground hosts.  It's a nice big spot in the trees.  Looks like a nice place to live for a month.  The little black car is the 2010 Dodge Charger we rented for the weekend.
I think it's a nice little park.  There is fishing in the lake, hiking on the trails, and a quilt shop within 15 miles!  What more can you want!
And, yes, of course we'll bring Big Brother with us.  We couldn't leave him here alone  for a whole month!

5 comments:

Mom in MN said...

You were SO close to my house! Hope to see you this summer! (And I agree -- Fabric Warehouse is a cool place with LOTS of fabric!)

Marge said...

I was wondering exactly where you lived, and thought you had said it was close to the park. It would be a lot of fun to see you this summer. I think Kari and gang will come out, and maybe some of the other kids too. Meanwhile, I'll have to save up my money for the fabric shop!

Lena . . . said...

Oooooo - what park is it? Possibly close to where I live? It would be so fun to meet you.

Marge said...

It's down by Willmar. And I think it would be fun to meet you too! And that could be arranged as we do make trips through your area a few times a year! Let's plan on it the next time we head that way!

Lisa said...

Oh i hope you get that "job". I want one just like it. Do you have to set up your trailer or do they ever offer a home for people to live in? I think Scott and I need to look into that job as well. Long as the kids (dogs) could go with me. Otherwise, no thanks.
By the way, I am working on getting a new kitchen....keep your fingers crossed.