Thursday, April 08, 2010

BONDING WITH BIG BROTHER

Yesterday I spent some time bonding with my new Big Brother.  We worked together on a project, and I think it turned out quite well.  I am getting to know him and his capabilities and moods, and I'm finding that I love him quite a bit.  Actually, a lot.  Really, really a lot.  I have a feeling we are going to do great things together.  And when I get home I'll post a picture of our project.
 The inside and the pockets of a purse for daughter-in-love, Tya, Lance's wife.  Her birthday is past, but I hope she'll forgive the lateness and I hope she likes it.  I showed her the fabric and she said she liked it.
I'm sitting at the clinic where daughter Gail (18 months sober!) is having an injection.  She has had a lot of lingering pain from the surgery she had last summer, and is going through a pain management program where she is getting injections to numb the nerve endings, which will then stop the pain.  This is her third injection, and she seems to be in less pain.  I am hoping it works for her.

Bean came out to spend some time with us on Tuesday,  He was excited about my new Big Brother who is living in my sewing room, and we had to demonstrate a few of the features.  Bean especially liked the alphabet scripts that my Brother can do, and we had to decorate a few pieces of fabric.  The first one had to say his name, the date, and be decorated with some hearts and flowers and other fancy stitches.  Then he sweetly asked if we could do one for his sister, Java.  He even knew her birth date and wanted that included on her little piece of muslin.  Then he got the bright idea to make one for his parents.  That one was to say 'Kari and StarBUCK forever' and was also decorated with hearts and flowers.  It was so cute.  He stuffed his three prize pieces of muslin into his jeans pockets and was excited to go home and show his family.  And of course I neglected to take pictures.  But I have a feeling I will have to lock up Big Brother.  All it took was for me to show Bean one time how it worked, and he stood there and picked the stitches for the next two.

It was 30 degrees this morning but by the weekend it will be in the 70's.  The grass is greening up and the birds are chirping and it smells fresh and new.  I love spring!

4 comments:

~Dinah said...

Beautiful bag!!! And I'm jealous that you have a Big Brother! All I have is a warbly old Singer. ;)

Marge said...

Little Wonder, I just got it last Friday and I love, love, love it! Can't wait to start quilting one of the tops I have waiting to be finished! Thanks for checking me out. Hope you come back!

Linda said...

18 mos have passed already? Oh man times has gone by so fast! Please tell Gail congratulations-what she has done is heroic and takes the strength of an amazon!!

Lena . . . said...

The bag is beautiful. I caught the "bag bug" when you first started showing pictures of the ones you were making, bought the fabric and then got sidetracked with health issues (surgery, etc) so it's still in fabric form. Love your new Big Brother!