Saturday, April 10, 2010

PARTY TIME!

It is party time!  I just a couple of hours I have three important guests coming.  My three sisters!  Two of these sisters have birthdays in April, the other two of us have birthdays in December.  Today I am having a party for the April birthday girls.  And I have set the table with dishes from my treasures.  My glassware is  mostly from my grandmother, our Nonny, and from a couple of thrift shop finds.  Doesn't it look like spring?  I'm sorry you all can't join us, but I only have the green depression glass setting for four.  The menu is a hash browns/egg/bacon dish, fresh fruit salad, cornbread, raspberry sherbet, shortbread cookies, orange juice and coffee.



5 comments:

Linda said...

How fun! I hope some day I can do cool stuff like this. You are quite an artistic person! Did you know this or discover it when all kids left the nest?

Lena . . . said...

Your table is BEAUTIFUL!!I collect depression glass also but never thought of doing something like this with it. What a wonderful idea. You don't even have to set a place for me because I'll be there with you in spirit. I've got an April birthday coming up too. Happy birthday to your April sisters. How fun that you can be together.

Lisa said...

i have to agree with everyone, that table setting is absolutely beautiful. I love the fact that your family wants to get together! and enjoys time with one another. Your parents did a great job raising such a close knit family. Will talk to you soon.

Jeanne said...

Beautiful talbe setting! We have two April birthdays too - our son was a few days ago and on Friday we get to celebrate with my daughter. Have a great day!
Jeanne

~ Sil in Corea said...

Absolutely lovely glassware you have there!!!! Perfect colors for spring, too. So dainty and charming. You have the artist's eye to create such a delightful table arrangement. :-)