Tuesday, April 21, 2009

SIGHTSEEING TUESDAY

We stopped at an information building, got some info, and were off on our sightseeing day. We first headed to the Old Market. It's three blocks long, cobblestone streets, old warehouses and other old buildings, and lots of quaint shops and eating establishments. This flower shop had some of the pretty blooms out on the street .

We ate lunch at Spaghetti Works. I had tortellini which was nummy.

Ernie had lasagna which he said was very good.

The restaurant is in an old warehouse and is decorated with lots of old stuff, ranging from beautiful chandeliers to old advertising signs, to a salad bar in the back of a delivery truck to these really neat booths. They were phone booths taken from the old railroad depot, and now they are serving as cozy booths to dine in.

The next two photos remind me of Italy and the stone window openings, and narrow streets and passageways with the businesses pouring out of the doors of the small shops, onto the streets.


We visited the Mormon Trail Center, which was the winter camping grounds of the Mormon wagon trains. We also walked through the Pioneer cemetery which is the final resting grounds for many of those who didn't make it through the winter, nor to their goal in Utah. I took pictures but they didn't turn out the way I wanted.
Then we went to the flower gardens, but because it was only about an hour until closing, we decided not to pay the $$$$ for just a short tour. We may go back tomorrow or Thursday. I did take some pictures on the walk from the parking lot to the front door.

This bumble bee was busy, busy, busy. He had thousands of pansies to pick from!
I liked the red and yellow of this unknown to me flower.
Pansies always remind me of Walt Disney's Fantasia and the flowers that dance and twirl in their petal skirts.
This is my version of a Monet. Kind of sick, uh?
And we were treated to another beautiful sunset tonight. Tomorrow it's off to the zoo.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh I am sooo jealous of all your pictures. You just seem to be such a natural, or a photographer and just didn't tell me. And here I took classes and studied so hard and you just waltz right in and get it picture perfect. You are my kind of friend. I knew there was a reason I love ya!! Wish we were there with you. Ok, I am in spirit! Have a wonderful time at the zoo, and of course get us some more pictures! Glad you are having such a good time!