Monday, April 13, 2009

I LOVE EASTER!

I love Easter! Have I ever told you that? I really love Easter. The reason is this: HE IS RISEN! HE IS RISEN INDEED! In the liturgy of the ancient church the pastor would proclaim from the pulpit: HE IS RISEN! And the whole congregation would answer in one voice: HE IS RISEN INDEED! As we repeated that ancient practice in our church service early on Easter morning, we joined with Christians of all times in confessing our belief in the Risen Lord and the salvation that belongs to each of us if we believe and are baptized. Thank you Jesus!

As we opened the door to our home, we were greeted with the wonderful smell of ham slowly cooking away in the oven. The huge seven layer salad had been made on Saturday night, and Kari was bringing potato salad and home made buns and Ernie's favorite apple pie. I cut up veggies for a veggie tray and cut up fruit for a fruit tray and prepared the strawberries and whipped cream for the strawberry shortcake. Yes, we had enough food. Way too much, in fact but isn't that what it's all about? Leftovers?

We had a pretty quiet day. Most of the family had other places to go or had to work, so we only got to see six grandkids. We missed the others, but enjoyed those that were here. The place was empty by mid afternoon; the last to leave was my sister Lois. We were so full from the huge dinner that supper was a bun for me and two plates full of 7 layer salad for Ernie, and we basically sat on our rear ends until bedtime!

I love Easter!

HE IS RISEN!

HE IS RISEN INDEED!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I have slept off and on nearly ALL day today. I woke at 4 a.m., got up and played on the computer till 8:30, then went back to bed. I slept till 11:30, got up for awhile and then slept on the sofa for a couple hours this afternoon. Good grief...do you think I might have been tired?

I love Easter too. I love the fact that God loved me enough to send His Son before me and that His death would make way for me to be in Heaven with Him someday. We have so much to be thankful for.

LindaJean said...

Alleluia!!