Wednesday, March 07, 2012

TOMATOES AND PEPPERS AND BEANS, OH MY!

No, my staycation did not turn fatal!  Wow, I don't think I have ever gone this long without posting.  It's just been so normal around here, nothing out of the ordinary to post about, that I have kind of neglected this blog.   But we had something exceptional happen yesterday so now I have something to say.

And I will say it nice and loud!  Shout it from the rooftops!  It was 64 degrees yesterday!  March 6th in Minnesota, it was 64 degrees!  What a lovely day it was.  We had bright sun and light breezes and balmy temps.  And guess what it made me think about?

Time to get those seeds picked out and purchased or ordered.  And guess what we did yesterday in celebration of the warm temps?  We did some construction!
Our new structure is built of metal shelving and plastic wrapping......
It has 6 nice shelves.....
It sits next to the patio door on the south patio, is right in front of an electric outlet, the water faucet is right there behind the air conditioner, and it gets full sun.  Now we have to figure out when we can start to use it!
And I washed sheets in anticipation of a good night of sleep, which didn't happen.  As usual.
And my pretty blue Prius in again a bright shiny blue instead of a dingy grey.

The forecast for today is not as exciting as the numbers are on their way down.  However, by the weekend it will be 50's again, and next week will boast 50's and 60's.  And, an occasional 70 in the way southwest part of the state.

Come on spring!

2 comments:

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

We've had crazy weather too. It almost scares me as to what it will bring in!!
My car needs washing too if HE is interested.

AKBrady said...

Oh, seeds. Growing things. Love it. Still snowing up here. Sigh.