Tuesday, March 10, 2009

GRANDMA PUDDLES

I am a daughter, sister, granddaughter, niece, cousin, wife, daughter-in-law, sister-in-law, mother, mother-in-law, and a score of other things. However, the name I cherish the most, the name that sends shivers up my spine, the name I am the most proud of is GRANDMA! And twenty three years ago today is the day I first became a grandma. My oldest granddaughter, Kjirsten, is celebrating her twenty third birthday today. She is a beautiful, sweet and funny girl, and I love her dearly! She has worked at a nursing home since she was seventeen, and she loves her patients, and her patients love her. When she was less than two years old and she would come to our home, grandpa would let her do whatever she wanted to do.......even play in the mud puddles on the street while wearing a pretty white sundress! This resulted in us being named grandma and grandpa puddles to keep us from being confused with her other grandparents.

This is a picture of Kjirsten taken Christmas of 2007. She is modeling her new boxer shorts! I think this picture shows the real Kjirsten, obviously beautiful, yet a crazy funny girl. Happy birthday Kjirsten. I love you so much!


2 comments:

Robbin said...

She is just beautiful Marge, I know how proud you are of her and I can see for sure what a fun person she must be.
Also, I love your totes. I'm glad you got your machine back.
Sorry I've not commented much lately but I do read, I'm busy you know and not too much longer now, can you believe it?? Have a good day, love you bunches!

Lisa said...

What a happy looking girl, and what a heart. A true heart for people it sounds like. And what a happy spirit! She looks pretty fun loving to me!!! Party on girl!