Thursday, July 12, 2007

I AM IN LOVE

The beauty of this place is unbelievable. I'm sure the photos show only one tenth of what I saw with my own eyes, but I just had to try to show everyone everything that I've seen. Ernie and I are so glad we decided to take the drive way up north and we want to thank Mark and Becky for encouraging us to do so. Montana and Alaska have always been my favorite spots, but there is now a three way tie in that category. I love this place!
This is a huge iceberg, quite a long way from us, but I had to try to show you the size. It's the size of a big office building and it's a beautiful whitish blue. The sun didn't cooperate today either, but at least I got a photo when the fog wasn't obscuring it.
A tiny graveyard on the side of the hill that overlooks the ocean. The three white crosses have had me singing this folk hymn all afternoon: Three men on a mountain, up on Calvary. And the man in the middle is Jesus. He gave his life for me.

This is a very rocky land. In fact, I think the island of New Foundland is just one big rock!
This little guy found his way into a quiet bay. He sits alone there, and will probably just melt away without moving on.
Quiet simplicity. There are scenes all over this little village like this one. The name of this place is Quirpon, pronounced Carpoon to rhyme with harpoon.
We spotted this good sized berg after dinner this evening while we were out on our moose hunt. I'm curious to go back tomorrow to see if it has moved much. We are hoping for a sunny day tomorrow after the clouds, fog and rain that we had today. I believe we brought it with us from the south the day before. Our plan tomorrow is to go to the world historic site, L'Anse aux Meadows, where the Vikings landed 500 years before Christopher Columbus "discovered" America. Again, I'm sure I'll post plenty of pictures so you can visit it with me.
And just a note to our family.......We have NO SERVICE on our cells right now. If you need to get us, please drop an email. We have access now and will check daily. When we leave here it should only be a short distance when we'll be back in business. Love you all!



1 comment:

Kari said...

Wow! Those pictures are amazing! I'm so happy that you are doing this. I hope to someday follow in your footsteps (or tire tracks as the case may be!)

Keep making those inukshuks! ~Kari