Saturday, June 25, 2011

WHAT'S HAPPENING IN YOUR FRONT YARD?

This is the street in front of our home this morning.  Across the street is a huge shed, which has for years stored lumber, tools, machinery, broken stuff, and antiques.  Today the contents and the shed itself are up for sale. 
 There are several trailers in the middle of the street filled with the smaller things.  Boxes of doorknobs, an antique plane, bags of cement, buckets filled with hammers and screwdrivers, electric drills and old saw blades have all been sold, and carried off to the backs of waiting pickups.
You notice there are tarps at the ready.  We've had a steady drizzle, and if the rain gets too heavy, they quickly cover the trailers and the boxes of treasures.
Leaning up against the shed are numerous ladders, long, tall, heavy duty ladders.  In the adjoining driveway are shelves, cases, cabinets, and other pieces of furniture.  I need to keep away when they get to the furniture, especially the shelving units and storage pieces, as I dream of becoming organized and think if I buy those kinds of things I will automatically become organized!
This guy has the right idea.  He brought along his folding stool and wore his yellow rain slicker.  He's set for the duration, no matter how long it takes!

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

I know what you mean about the shelves and storage things. I sometimes wish for more things like that but then all that takes up space too. So for now I'm just keeping my closet doors closed tightly!

TonjiaT said...

Jackpot!! what a bunch of fun stuff to look through. Lots of buyers I bet.

have a great week Marge!

L'Adelaide said...

my dear husband would spend our entire year's living on that one sale if he could, adores things like that i don't think they're so bad either...nothing like a good hardware store :)

hoping you are well, my dear. xox