Wednesday, June 15, 2011

NOT FEELING JUNE 2011

We are in the middle of what has become the most difficult week of the year for me.  It's just three years since mom was hospitalized, had biopsy surgery, was diagnosed with a vicious fast growing brain tumor, and entered a nursing home for the last month of her earthly life.  To put it bluntly, I miss my mom.  I miss her a lot and I can't wait to see her again!

And right now I should be strong and supporting my daughter and many others who will be without employment and a paycheck if the state of Minnesota shuts down on July 1.  I must be pretty dense, but I do not understand how a state can just shut down.  Think of it:  pay checks and benefits for thousands, medical assistance, veterans hospitals, state mental hospitals, unemployment checks, adoption subsidies, PCA and other services, housing assistance, state parks, state safety and other public officials, etc.  The list goes on and on.  These services and programs are necessary.  How can a state just shut down?

It's been raining.  A lot.  Our gauge said two inches yesterday, while the weather newscaster reported some spots around us had up to three inches.  And guess what?  Tomorrow and Monday are the only two days out of the next week that are supposed to have sunshine.  The rest of the time?  Thunderstorms.

Meanwhile, I am patiently waiting for our new car.  Patiently?  We ordered it less than a week ago, and I'm wondering how much more slowly time can pass......they said two months or more!

So I guess this all means that I'm not really enjoying June 2011 and am hoping the rest of the month goes quickly and that July brings better things.  But then again, mom died three years ago in July, if the state shuts down we will be feeling the effects big time, the car still won't be here, and who knows about the weather.  Could still be raining, I guess.

4 comments:

L'Adelaide said...

marge, i hear you and realize that it seems life can be not worth it at times, especially times like these and i think standing by and having to watch our loved ones suffer is probably the worst of torture...

as for the car, a pity it is made in japan..... i had thought one could not even buy them now but i suppose they might always take your order AND your money...hoping not.

keep on venting..."they" say it's good for you tho i have yet to see the results of it. ♥

TonjiaT said...

Marge, I am so sorry that this month reminds you of sad times. I lost my mom in February of 2009, it doesnt seem like it gets easier.

What on earth is up with the state of Minnesota??? How long are they talking about shutting down for? we never hear this news, here in Colorado we are in a world of our own I guess.

I am keeping you all in my prayers, this has to be stressful to think about.

what kind of car are you getting???

Debbie said...

Marge, I hope your state gets it together and stays open. Lots of problems all over.

Hon, my Mom died 9 years ago this August and it gets easier, but never goes away. It's like our umbilical cord is emotionally severed forever. Does that make sense? LOL

I talk to her almost daily. When I see a butterfly, I say "Hi, Mom!"

Hang in there hon. Better days are ahead...eventually LOL ((Hugs))

AKBrady said...

"Jesus bring the rain...." Hang in there. But I love that new car!