Saturday, October 23, 2010

HALIBUT

My kid in Alaska went fishing the other day.  I guess it was a pretty good day!  Here he is lifting the 120 pound halibut with a couple smaller ones in the bin.
Here he is filleting the big one.  The halibut fillets are a bit larger than the blue gills and sunnys they get around here!  I would guess that he, and the neighborhood, will have fish for quite awhile.  And it is delicious!
I didn't ask if he minded if I posted these, so don't tell him I did, okay?

5 comments:

L'Adelaide said...

Wow, we eat lots of halibut and i had no idea they were so big....i must show this one to my husband and send the link to the gkids! Wow!!
xx

Lena . . . said...

OMG! The halibut we used to catch in Iceland were the size of a dinner plate and we thought THEY were big.

Debbie said...

One big fish and one strong son! Wow. I won't tell him :)

LindaJean said...

wow! How fun is that?!

Betsy, Ivory Rose and Tusker said...

just cruising blogs...your kid in alaska caught a nice butt!! love seldovia, such a lovely community!