Thursday, March 20, 2008

I WONDER WHERE THE FLOWERS IS

We drove home from Maundy Thursday services tonight in rain that was trying to turn to snow. We are under a WINTER STORM WARNING. It's supposed to be spring, isn't it? It reminds me of something my daddy (yes, he was always called daddy...mommy became mom, but daddy remained daddy) used to say every single spring. His annual spring poem was:

Spring has sprung
The grass has riz
I wonder where
The flowers is.

It was especially funny coming from him because he was such a stickler for proper grammar, and we'd always laugh when he recited it, emphasizing 'the flowers is' part.

There aren't any flowers yet, but even if they were up and blooming, we probably wouldn't be able to see them by morning as we are supposed to get 4-6 inches of heavy, wet snow overnight.

1 comment:

Linda B said...

Welcome back to Minnesota spring huh! I always say the same poem that your daddy would. I have Bug saying it now. :o)